DPC range crystallizing products
Supershield designs and manufactures a complete range of waterproofing products which includes additives, mortars, plasters and paints, as well as the complementary products necessary to obtain a safe and effective waterproofing of the treated structures.
Thanks to the high skills of its R&D sector, Supershield has chosen a strategy of approach to the market that is based on the production of products:
– with high technological content
This strategic choice, which differs from that of many competitors, has allowed Supershield to establish itself in a market niche as a manufacturer of innovative and technological products capable of solving the problems of waterproofing of concrete that others cannot cope with.
DPC crystallizing technology
One of the specific and natural characteristics of concrete is the formation of porosity and capillary discontinuities that are formed in the hydration phase and which are part of every mass of this material.
Pores and capillaries make the concrete more permeable allowing the passage of water, which also carries the aggressive external chemicals that cause the deterioration of the concrete over time.
Supershield DPC (Deep Penetrating Capillary) crystallizing technology is a chemical treatment that, added to the concrete mix as an additive or used as a coating, waterproofs it and increases its duration by sealing pores, capillaries and microfractures with an insoluble and highly soluble crystalline formation. resistence.
The active components of Supershield chemically react with the co-products of the hydration of the cement forming a crystalline structure that becomes an integral part of the concrete mass, making it impermeable to humidity and liquids coming from all directions, but allowing the passage of water vapor and allowing the structure to breathe. The crystalline structure is established when there is humidity. Even later, if cracks are formed by settlement, the new water triggers another growth process of additional crystals, which can seal cracks up to 0.4 mm.
Crystalline structures, forming inside the concrete mass and not exposed to the surface, cannot be damaged, while membranes and other surface waterproofing coatings can be easily damaged. In short, the DPC Supershield system waterproofs and permanently protects the concrete, thus increasing its durability.
The advantages of the Supershield Admix mixing product:
• Waterproofs the mass of the concrete and not just the surface
• it is perennial, unlike other systems which have a limited duration
• it is self-sealing for cracks up to 0.4 mm that are created over time
• protects the concrete, sealing pores and capillaries, and thus preventing the penetration of aggressive external chemicals (CO2, chlorides, sulphates, etc.) which cause oxidation of the reinforcing rods
• reduces construction times: as soon as the concrete is removed, it is already waterproofed and there is no need to wait for its curing, as with other waterproofing systems
• has lower costs than other systems
• it is ECOLOGICAL, as it uses the chemistry of concrete, and does not pollute the environment
The advantages of Supershield repair products:
• They penetrate deeply, up to the entire thickness of the concrete, unlike other systems which are superficial or penetrate minimally
• They can be used both on the positive side and on the negative side with respect to hydrostatic pressure, allowing the repair from the outside, for example, of full tanks or tanks
• The repair is final, unlike other systems which have a limited duration
• They are self-sealing, for cracks up to 0.4 mm that are created even after repair
• protect the concrete, sealing pores and capillaries, and thus preventing the penetration of aggressive external chemicals (CO2, chlorides, sulphates, etc.)
• they are ECOLOGICAL, as they use the specific chemistry of concrete, and do not pollute the environment